This site is best viewed using current versions of Safari, Firefox, or Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer 10 (or greater) on Windows 10.
Welcome to the York Rural Community Project Website
Being a rural community could allow us to:
- have decisions made by local elected representatives rather than by the Department of Environment and Local Government.
- keep costs lower by pooling our tax base
- have control over our property tax rates and land use
- apply for funding programs that are not available to Local Service Districts
- have a voice about local affairs including upcoming initiatives in our area such as the Mactaquac Project and the Sisson Mine Project
- direct the development of our community the way we want
- be consistent with most jurisdictions in Canada (i.e. incorporated)
Please take a look at the various sections of this website. Participate in the feasibility study (check dates and locations of upcoming meetings here) by sending your advice, concerns, comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The York Rural Community Steering Committee can be contacted at: email@example.com
Use our Contact Us form
For public comments on the project, please visit our BLOG
To receive regular email notices from the YRC Project,
please send a request, including your name and email address, to